In full partnership, the combined team of Afghan National Security Forces, ISAF Joint Command and relevant organizations conducts population-centric comprehensive operations to neutralize the insurgency in specified areas, and supports improved governance and development in order to protect the Afghan people and provide a secure environment for sustainable peace.
The ISAF Joint Command is responsible for operations throughout Afghanistan.
NATO Members: Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America
Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council (EAPC): Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Finland, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Kyrghz Republic, Malta, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
NATO’s Mediterranean Dialogue: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia
Istanbul Cooperation Initiative: Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates
Contact Countries: Australia, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Tonga
Regional Command North – RC(N)
• Partnering and Advising Task Group Mazar-e Sharif
• Partnering and Advising Task Force Kunduz
• Germany’s Northern Reaction Unit
• Germany Expeditionary Air Wing Mazar-e Sharif
• Swedish Air Wing
• Nordic Baltic Transition Support Unit
• 6-4 Calvary Reconnaissance Squadron 3rd Brigade, 1st Infantry Division -Fort Knox, Kentucky
• 524th Combat Service Support Battalion - Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
• Task Force Reaper – 1-135th Attack Reconnaissance Battalion - Missouri National Guard
• Task Force Warhorse - 122nd Engineer Battalion - South Carolina National Guard
• Task Force Paladin - comprised of elements of the U.S. Army’s 71st Ordnance Group out of Fort Carson, Colorado and the 79th Ordnance Battalion (EOD), Fort Hood, Texas.
• 1103d Military Police Detachment – Kentucky National Guard
Regional Command West – RC(W)
• Regional Command West HQ ("Julia" Alpini Brigade – Italy)
• Transition Support Unit Centre (7th Alpini Regiment – Italy)
• Transition Support Unit South (8th Alpini Regiment – Italy)
• Task Force Engineer (2nd Alpini Engineer Regiment – Italy)
• Joint Air Task Force (Italy)
• Aviation Battalion "Fenice" (5th Helo Regiment "Rigel" – Italy)
• Task Force "Apocalypse" (United States of America)
Regional Command South – RC(S)
• U.S. 3rd Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Knox, KY
• 2nd Battalion, 2nd Infantry Regiment -"Ramrod"
• 1st battalion, 26th Infantry Regiment- "Blue Spader"
• 6th Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment- "Raider"
• 1st battalion, 6th Field Artillery Regiment- "Centaur"
• 3rd Brigade Special Troops Battalion- "Valiant Warrior"
• 201st Brigade Support Battalion- "Thor"
Regional Command Southwest – RC(SW)
Regional Command East - RC(E)
• 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division
• 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division
• 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division
• 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division
• 10th Combat Aviation Brigade
• TF White Eagle
• 1st Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)
• 4th Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)
There are no PRTs assigned to the IJC.
IJC Media Operations/Information Desk
DSN - 318.449.9244
IJC Media Outreach and Embed Desk
DSN - 318.449.9169
*Information current as of 30 July 2013