Regional Command (Southwest) conducts security force assistance to further develop the Afghan National Security Forces in Helmand and Nimroz and will transition full security responsibility to GIRoA by the end of 2014.
Area of Responsibility
RC-Southwest includes the provinces of Helmand and Nimroz.
Current Contributing Nations:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Denmark (End of Operation May 19, 2014)
- Estonia (Mission ended May 9, 2014)
- Bosnia (Mission ended June 7, 2014)
- Georgia (Ended Helmand operations July 16, 2014)
- Jordan (Mission ended July 23, 2014)
- Tonga (Mission ended April 28, 2014)
Bastion/Leatherneck Policies and Contractor Reference
Click here for more information.
Regional Command Southwest:
Official Website | Facebook | YouTube
Lt. Col. Chris Perrine
Deputy Public Affairs Officer
1stLt Skye Martin
Public Affairs Chief
SSgt. John Jackson
United Kingdom Afghan Media Operations Center SO2 Media Plans
Sqn Ldr Emma Wolstenholme
*Information current as of August 12, 2014